Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Biggie and Smalls



You GUYS. 

I cannot believe I have never talked to you about my ridiculous fish. I didn't even want these fish but I adopted them from my son who grew tired of them. I don't know how long we have had them. Three years? Or has it been four years? They are goldfish for crying out loud and they are so temperamental I can't believe it. 

These things used to be the size of my thumb and now they are like small koi. They eat all the time. They get angry if I do not feed them three times a day. If I walk by the tank they follow me against the glass and if I ignore them (heaven forbid I do THAT) they jump up and flick their tails so that the water sloshes. If I sing high notes they go crazy in the tank. I don't think they ever sleep. Recently my husband was like, " I think they are outgrowing the tank" which is ridiculous because we are on our third tank. So today I bought them a new home and fixed it up and yada yada and now they are happy. Their names used to be Fish and Fish. But then when I stared at them today their new names came to me: Biggie and Smalls. Biggie Smalls.

I like them. Don't tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment