Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Room Tour: A Girls Room

 

My daughter recently turned eight.  We have four kids...and each currently NEED their own rooms.  So after shifting people and rooms around, my eight year old again has her own room.  And she lucked out in that its the largest kids bedroom.  She requested purple purple purple.  We had a ball getting it all ready and she loves the space.


Her bed is SUPER comfy and has lots of mixed patterns and colors. (Bedding a mixture of Ikea, Pottery Barn, Target, Home Goods.  Bed itself a hand-me-down from a friend and painted purple by moi).


Tissue poofs hanging from the ceiling.

(Horse painting from Target)

 This dresser is as old as I am (37) and has gone through numerous coats of paint over the years (it was my dresser when I was a baby).  Its latest incarnation is a lovely lavender with clear glass handles.  Its a great, solid piece.


And finally a place for all of her trophies and ribbons.  I believe that it is important to display these; sometimes you need to remember how far you have come and what you have accomplished...even when you are only eight.


No comments:

Post a Comment