Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Decor: Make a Creepy Tree

I was at Target a few weeks back and was admiring their very creepy black Halloween trees.  I grabbed one to put into my cart...and then I saw the price tag $49...per tree! 

No thank you.

Upon closer inspection I realized I could make my very own creepy Halloween decor for a fraction of what I would be paying for the Target version.

I set off to find 1) creepy looking branches, 2) black spray paint 3) floral foam and 4) terra cotta pots.

Finding branches was easy; me and my oldest daughter found what we needed on our side  yard in about 5 minutes.

I picked up the rest of my supplies at Michaels.





Step 1: unwrap the styrofoam floral ball and shove it down into the terra cotta pot.  Repeat for the 2nd one.  Really jam it in there good.



Step 2:  arrange the branches you found in a "creepy manner" (I just made that up...just now).

Step 3: spray paint everything black.  Multiple coats.  You want this to be really really black.


Step 4: admire your handiwork.

I love how it turned out.  I also love that I spent about $15 total for both creepy trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment