Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Snaps of Color

Last week I had this CRAZY revelation: I decided to stop wearing all color and just wear black.  All the time.  Now, most of you have never seen my closet but rest assured there are about 11 items that are black and 150+ items that are brightly colored/print/floral/chevron/tie dye/you-get-the-picture.  Honestly, I love walking into my closet because it is an explosion of color.  And since high school I have been a girl who LOVES color.

But...

I have 4 kids and a busy life and as I stood in a clothing store last week looking around at ALL of the prints and florals and colors I felt overwhelmed.  I decided that maybe I could simplify one area of my life and start dressing in just black.  Kind of like a uniform.  I would wake up and simply put on one color!  Right?  It would be so easy.

It lasted for 1 1/2 days.

I mentioned my all black plans to a handful of friends; no one was in favor of the idea.  The running theme was "But...that's so NOT you!"

Turns out they were right.  Black is chic.  And I love the color black.  But to wear it every day for every item of clothing just isn't ME.

So I returned to my colorful ways and I doubt many people even noticed the difference :).

In honor of my love of color here are a few favorite color shots this week.  Gosh color makes me so happy...
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjjJ9rHQKKQW_spIzKMRxl7NoWONnCWh6mIUwTqY3cxpAEhXwr4C-QJw3LiTc1_xJ8I35aGmdjsLVPVKOjlpQX8oZTW-g4s31wm7jdVwkEL5xzwB5pAFMwqg8J6hmGCfYfJ4-JiNpxXPa55/s1600/DSC_0041.JPG

LOVE SO MUCH


pom poms!
(all images from my Pinterest "Just Because I Love it" board)

No comments:

Post a Comment